Re: [civilwarwest] Re: WOW! awfully quiet-- so what is everyone read

  • Aurelie1999@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2002
      In a message dated 2/28/02 10:03:31 AM, philip@... writes:

      << Woodworth's Jeff Davis and the Failure of the High
      Command in the West, >>

      Steven Woodworth is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. He's good.

      Thomas Connelly, Archer Jones and Richard McMurry belong to the group who
      believe that the CW was decided in the west and that too many historians are
      dazzled by the Gettysburg glitter and Lee luster while ignoring where the
      real deciding moments happened at Vicksburg, the Tullahoma campaign,
      Chattanooga and from Atlanta to the sea. I think that all three are worth
      reading if for no other reason than where they shine the spotlight.