Re: Chattanooga

  • hank9174
    Message 1 of 59 , Feb 1 7:48 AM
      'Six Armies' offers a concise, well-written explanation of the entire
      campaign from Murfreesboro through Tullahoma to Chickamauga back to
      Chattanooga and then to Knoxville.

      It has good battle detail, explanation of personalties (and
      conflicts).

      Woodworth calls Polk and Longstreet to task for their insubordination.
      He also gives Bragg credit for good strategic thinking rather than
      merely blaming his *personality* for the AoT command failures.

      My major complaint is that he makes do with only half-a-dozen maps or
      so!

      HankC

      --- In civilwarwest@y..., "josepharose" <josepharose@y...> wrote:
      > I should have noted that Cozzens has some of the best maps found in
      > Civil War book. They immensely help the reader to visualize the
      > movements of the various units.
      >
      > Joseph
    • william
      Message 59 of 59 , Oct 25, 2010
        Thnk you, I was under the impression that Cleburne was pretty much alone in the defence of the northern end.

        Bill Bruner