Re: Rosecrans at Chickamauga was Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Iuka & Corinth -- Coz...

  • LWhite64@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2002
      TH,
          I think that Thomas moved forward to sequre the Bridges and fords more than attacking, because when McCook met him, he was already moving forward without any idea that there was an enemy in his front.  This just fits in with the moves that Rosey had been making before by holding Crittenden at the Lee and Gordon's Mill to serve as his right and cover the crossings there, he then leap frogs Thomas up to serve the same function as McCook moves up.

      Lee