Re: Re: [civilwarwest] Movies

  • Michael Mason
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 13, 2002
      "Yankees in Tara!" The Baron

      On 13-Jan-02, LWhite64@... wrote:

      I have to agree with Kristen on Ride With The Devil, I would say it is the
      best Civil War movie that I have ever seen, that along with Audie Murphy's
      Red Badge of Courage and a rarely seen 1970s version of Mark Twain's History
      of A Campaign That Failed. Of note most CW movies are pretty inaccurate, but
      those listed above are pretty good, Ride and Red are good for dialog and
      situation, while Campaign has good material culture and dialog. Wonderful
      films, also have to give a tip of the hat to Gone with The Wind, which gets
      so much abuse, it does have some really good scenes in it as Wilbur Kurtz(The
      First Big Atlanta Campaign Historian) acted as an advisor, so the scenes in
      Atlanta are really good, also some of the scenes like the one when the
      Gettysburg casualty list arrives.

      Lee