Re: [civilwarwest] When was Lee in the West?

  • wolf17x7@aol.com
    Message 1 of 48 , Jun 13, 2000
      I agree wholeheartedly Lee and Grant are far from being the most interesting
      commanders to take the field in the war. And some would agree that they were
      also far from being the best leaders in the war.

      Wolf
    • jfh@atlantic.net
      Message 48 of 48 , Jun 17, 2000
        Quoting Mike Meno <neho69@...>:

        > Wasn't it Grant who said "War is about killing."?
        >
        > No, I believe it was N.Bedford Forrest who is credited with that quote.
        J. Franklin Horrighs

        This mail sent through Atlantic.Net Webmail: http://webmail.atlantic.net/