Re: [civilwarwest] One thing about Grant critics I have never understood.

  • Clyde Thompson
    Message 1 of 58 , Jan 3, 2002
      Wakefield:
      My thoughts on Grant, You may whip him today,
      he'll be out there tomarrow coming at you.
      Clyde

      =====
      Clyde

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • FLYNSWEDE@AOL.COM
      Message 58 of 58 , Jan 18, 2002
        In a message dated 1/18/02 6:31:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        theme_music@... writes:

        << At any rate, Smith commanded the expedition at the time Sherman
        landed at Pittsburg.

        Eric,
        At the time that Sherman with his flotilla and divisision went up the river
        to close to Muscle Shoals and then back to Pittsburg Landing, Smith was not
        with him. Smith might have chosen Sherman to do the scouting and commanded
        him in that manner, but the overall commander of the expedition was Sherman.
        Smith was still back in Savannah when Sherman landed.

        Wayne