Re: [civilwarwest] Stones River

  • Clyde Thompson
    Message 1 of 54 , Jan 3, 2002
      With Sill:
      We re-enact the 78th PVI they and the 33rd Ohio were

      on the hinge were McCook pulled back.The 78th took
      fire from front and right flank. They held till were
      ordered to retreat.Their big day was last day of
      battle when they crossed the river and took 26th
      Tenn.regimental colors . Clyde
      --- thecoys@... wrote:
      > Sill is probably one of the great unknowns. He
      > performed well during the
      > Kentucky campaign and was doing well at Stones River
      > before he was killed.
      > How good could he have been? Who knows. They named a
      > fort after him so he
      > can't be all that bad....oh never mind...they named
      > a fort for Bragg also.:)
      >
      > Kevin S. Coy
      >
      > Clyde Thompson wrote:
      >
      > > Kevin how about Brig.General Joshua W. Sill?
      > > Clyde
      > >
      > > =====
      > > Clyde

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      =====
      Clyde

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • NPeters102@aol.com
      Message 54 of 54 , Dec 26, 2009
        Does anyone know the status of Lanny Smith's second volume?

        Mike Peters