Re: [civilwarwest] Stand Watie

  • CashG79@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2002
      In a message dated 1/1/2002 5:38:56 PM Hawaiian Standard Time,
      s_hudson82@... writes:

      << In a message dated 1/1/2002 4:14:23 PM Hawaiian Standard Time,
      s_hudson82@... writes:

      << Could someone please tell me the difference between a Sent Col. and a
      Lt. Col. if there is any difference. >>

      A Lt Col is an actual rank. I don't know where you got Sent Col. Perhaps
      if
      we had some of the context in which you found it we could help decipher it.

      Regards,
      Cash

      Evidently you did not read my earlier message nor did you follow the link
      I gave. In that case I will give you the link again and ask you to look at
      the signatures.

      http://www.yvwiiusdinvnohii.net/history/watie.html >>

      Since the originals are not there, I'll assume whoever transcribed the
      signatures did so in error.

      Regards,
      Cash
    • Susan Hudson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2002

        Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2002 10:49 PM
        Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Stand Watie

        Since the originals are not there, I'll assume whoever transcribed the
        signatures did so in error.

        Regards,
        Cash
        Since no one that I have asked has ever heard Sent Col. I will also assume that it is an error. It appears both in the signature and the first paragraph of the treaty so at least they were consistant in their errors. <VBG>

        Thank you

        Sue
      • hank9174
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 7, 2002
          I would gusee that, depending on how one scrawls in cursive, 'Lieut'
          can look like 'Sent'...

          HankC