Re: [civilwarwest] Stand Watie

  • Susan Hudson
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2002

      Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2002 8:59 PM
      Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Stand Watie

      Mary Alice, Susan, Pat
      Can't say thanks enuf, this is exactly what I needed......... and a picture to boot.

      Sure do appreciate it.
      Ron

      I am just happy to have been able to contribute something.
      Could someone please tell me the difference between a Sent Col. and a Lt. Col. if there is any difference.

      Sue
    • CashG79@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2002
        In a message dated 1/1/2002 4:14:23 PM Hawaiian Standard Time,
        s_hudson82@... writes:

        << Could someone please tell me the difference between a Sent Col. and a
        Lt. Col. if there is any difference. >>

        A Lt Col is an actual rank. I don't know where you got Sent Col. Perhaps if
        we had some of the context in which you found it we could help decipher it.

        Regards,
        Cash
      • Susan Hudson
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2002

          Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2002 10:31 PM

          s_hudson82@... writes:

          <<   Could someone please tell me the difference between a Sent Col. and a
          Lt. Col. if there is any difference. >>

          A Lt Col is an actual rank.  I don't know where you got Sent Col.  Perhaps if
          we had some of the context in which you found it we could help decipher it.

          Regards,
          Cash
          Evidently you did not read my earlier message nor did you follow the link I gave. In that case I will give you the link again and ask you to look at the signatures.

          Sue

        • CashG79@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 1, 2002

            s_hudson82@... writes:

            << Could someone please tell me the difference between a Sent Col. and a
            Lt. Col. if there is any difference. >>

            A Lt Col is an actual rank. I don't know where you got Sent Col. Perhaps
            if
            we had some of the context in which you found it we could help decipher it.

            Regards,
            Cash

            Evidently you did not read my earlier message nor did you follow the link
            I gave. In that case I will give you the link again and ask you to look at
            the signatures.

            http://www.yvwiiusdinvnohii.net/history/watie.html >>

            Since the originals are not there, I'll assume whoever transcribed the
            signatures did so in error.

            Regards,
            Cash
          • Susan Hudson
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 1, 2002

              Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2002 10:49 PM

              Since the originals are not there, I'll assume whoever transcribed the
              signatures did so in error.

              Regards,
              Cash
              Since no one that I have asked has ever heard Sent Col. I will also assume that it is an error. It appears both in the signature and the first paragraph of the treaty so at least they were consistant in their errors. <VBG>

              Thank you

              Sue
            • hank9174
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 7, 2002
                I would gusee that, depending on how one scrawls in cursive, 'Lieut'
                can look like 'Sent'...

                HankC