12th Louisiana Infantry Regiment (CSA)

  • Wayne Mulig
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2000
      Hello group,

      I am slowly and ponderously working on compiling notes, information, etc. on
      the 12th Louisiana Infantry Regiment. The 12th was part of Loring's
      Division at Baker's Creek and along with most of Loring's Division did not
      return to Vicksburg and suffer through the siege. However, a resource book
      on Louisiana units in the Confederate army, indicates that a 160-man
      detachment (stragglers?) under the command of Captain John A. Dixon was
      attached to Vaughn's Brigade, M. L. Smith's Division during the siege and
      surrendered with the rest of Pemberton's army.

      My search of the Official Records failed to confirm this. Would anyone
      happen to have any information or reference materials to suggest on this
      matter? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

      Thank you all for your time,
      Wayne
    • Wayne Mulig