Re: [civilwarwest] Grant & Rosecrans

  • thecoys@together.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2000
      Greetings,
      You are correct in that the battles of Iuka and Corinth were the beginning of the
      strife between Rosecrans and Grant. There are indications that up to the time of
      the battles Ol' Rosy and HUG were quite amiable. After the battles, Rosecrans
      believed that Grant didn't come to his assistance when he was needed and Grant
      believed that Rosecrans' pursuit was inadequate. I'll try to provide additional
      info later.

      Kevin S. (not one **ptooey**) Coy ")

    • thecoys@together.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2000