Re: SV: [civilwarwest] John Bell Hood and you thought Bragg was bad.

  • FLYNSWEDE@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 4, 2001
      In a message dated 12/3/01 11:36:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      wacogaurds64@... writes:

      << Life's too short not to live it as a Texan. <vbg>

      There goes one of those Tejanos again. Stretching everything he can <g>
      Wayne
    • Kristin Scherrer
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001

        I did not write that, I responded to it.  I am  a Texan, though not proud of it.  The Bible says that there is one thing that goes before the fall...Pride.  I am, however, honored by my heritage there, because that is where my family comes from and is a part of me.

        Kristin

        wacogaurds64@... writes:

        <<  Life's too short not to live it as a Texan.  <vbg>

        There goes one of those Tejanos again.  Stretching everything he can  <g>
        Wayne

        Do You Yahoo!?

      • hartshje
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
          I was stationed in El Paso, TX for three years, and saw a good bit
          of the state. I liked it and enjoyed living there, but I have a
          funny anecdote to pass on here. A friend of mine who was from Alaska
          once remarked to a Texan who was expressing a little too much pride:
          "If all you Texans don't shut up, Alaska is going to split itself in
          half, and then Texas will be the THIRD largest state instead of the
          second."

          Regards,
          Joe H.