Re: SV: [civilwarwest] John Bell Hood and you thought Bragg was bad.

  • Kristin Scherrer
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 3, 2001

      John,

       I like the way you think!

      Kristin

      (A fellow Texan)

        "John T. Coleman" <jtcoleman@...> wrote:

      Wayne writes:

      > IMHO, Phil Sheridan had the best thing to say about Texas.  As military
      > governor he said, "If I owned Texas and Hell, I would live in Hell and rent
      > out Texas."  <g>

      Been through Hell (Michigan that is), heading back to Texas for the
      holidays.  Life's too short not to live it as a Texan.  <vbg>

      John

      Do You Yahoo!?

    • FLYNSWEDE@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 4, 2001
        In a message dated 12/3/01 11:36:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        wacogaurds64@... writes:

        << Life's too short not to live it as a Texan. <vbg>

        There goes one of those Tejanos again. Stretching everything he can <g>
        Wayne
      • Kristin Scherrer

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
            I was stationed in El Paso, TX for three years, and saw a good bit
            of the state. I liked it and enjoyed living there, but I have a
            funny anecdote to pass on here. A friend of mine who was from Alaska
            once remarked to a Texan who was expressing a little too much pride:
            "If all you Texans don't shut up, Alaska is going to split itself in
            half, and then Texas will be the THIRD largest state instead of the
            second."

            Regards,
            Joe H.