Re: SV: [civilwarwest] John Bell Hood and you thought Bragg was bad.

  • John T. Coleman
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 3, 2001
      Wayne writes:

      > IMHO, Phil Sheridan had the best thing to say about Texas. As military
      > governor he said, "If I owned Texas and Hell, I would live in Hell and rent
      > out Texas." <g>

      Been through Hell (Michigan that is), heading back to Texas for the
      holidays. Life's too short not to live it as a Texan. <vbg>

      John
    • Kristin Scherrer
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 3, 2001

        John,

         I like the way you think!

        Kristin

        (A fellow Texan)

          "John T. Coleman" <jtcoleman@...> wrote:

        Wayne writes:

        > IMHO, Phil Sheridan had the best thing to say about Texas.  As military
        > governor he said, "If I owned Texas and Hell, I would live in Hell and rent
        > out Texas."  <g>

        Been through Hell (Michigan that is), heading back to Texas for the
        holidays.  Life's too short not to live it as a Texan.  <vbg>

        John

        Do You Yahoo!?

      • FLYNSWEDE@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 4, 2001
          In a message dated 12/3/01 11:36:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          wacogaurds64@... writes:

          << Life's too short not to live it as a Texan. <vbg>

          There goes one of those Tejanos again. Stretching everything he can <g>
          Wayne
        • Kristin Scherrer

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
              I was stationed in El Paso, TX for three years, and saw a good bit
              of the state. I liked it and enjoyed living there, but I have a
              funny anecdote to pass on here. A friend of mine who was from Alaska
              once remarked to a Texan who was expressing a little too much pride:
              "If all you Texans don't shut up, Alaska is going to split itself in
              half, and then Texas will be the THIRD largest state instead of the
              second."

              Regards,
              Joe H.