Re: SV: [civilwarwest] John Bell Hood and you thought Bragg was bad.

  • FLYNSWEDE@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 2, 2001
      In a message dated 12/2/01 12:32:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      wacogaurds64@... writes:

      << I have somewhat of a bias towards the Texans:) as I'm sure you know, so
      if I may, I would like to share one of my favorite quotes: "Forward men,
      forward. Never let it be said that Texan's lag in the fight!" >>

      Kristin
      IMHO, Phil Sheridan had the best thing to say about Texas. As military
      governor he said, "If I owned Texas and Hell, I would live in Hell and rent
      out Texas." <g>

      Wayne
    • Kristin Scherrer
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 2, 2001

        I have heard that many a time.  And frankly, I love the state.

        Kristin

        wacogaurds64@... writes:

        << I have somewhat of a bias towards the Texans:) as I'm sure you know,  so
        if I may, I would like to share one of my favorite quotes:  "Forward men,
        forward.  Never let it be said that Texan's lag in the fight!" >>

        Kristin
        IMHO, Phil Sheridan had the best thing to say about Texas.  As military
        governor he said, "If I owned Texas and Hell, I would live in Hell and rent
        out Texas."   <g>

        Wayne

        Do You Yahoo!?

      • John T. Coleman
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 3, 2001
          Wayne writes:

          > IMHO, Phil Sheridan had the best thing to say about Texas. As military
          > governor he said, "If I owned Texas and Hell, I would live in Hell and rent
          > out Texas." <g>

          Been through Hell (Michigan that is), heading back to Texas for the
          holidays. Life's too short not to live it as a Texan. <vbg>

          John
        • Kristin Scherrer
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 3, 2001

            John,

             I like the way you think!

            Kristin

            (A fellow Texan)

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 4, 2001
              In a message dated 12/3/01 11:36:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
              wacogaurds64@... writes:

              << Life's too short not to live it as a Texan. <vbg>

              There goes one of those Tejanos again. Stretching everything he can <g>
              Wayne
            • Kristin Scherrer

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
                  I was stationed in El Paso, TX for three years, and saw a good bit
                  of the state. I liked it and enjoyed living there, but I have a
                  funny anecdote to pass on here. A friend of mine who was from Alaska
                  once remarked to a Texan who was expressing a little too much pride:
                  "If all you Texans don't shut up, Alaska is going to split itself in
                  half, and then Texas will be the THIRD largest state instead of the
                  second."

                  Regards,
                  Joe H.