Re: SV: [civilwarwest] John Bell Hood and you thought Bragg was bad.

  • Kristin Scherrer
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2001

      And go figure, I'm so tired, I forget to say who said my favorite quote!  It was General Hiram Bronson Granbury, KIA Battle of Franklin.

      Kristin

        Kristin Scherrer <wacogaurds64@...> wrote:

      Lee,

       I have somewhat of a bias towards the Texans:) as I'm sure you know,  so if I may, I would like to share one of my favorite quotes:  "Forward men, forward.  Never let it be said that Texan's lag in the fight!"

      Kristin

        LWhite64@... wrote:

      Actually Hood was a Liet in the 2nd US Cav in Texas prior to the war, so when the war broke out he was stationed there.  Also, with the Franklin quotes, "Well if we are to die, let us die like men"  Cleburne to Brig. Gen. Daniel Govan, Nov 30, 1864

      Lee

      Do You Yahoo!?

      Do You Yahoo!?

    • FLYNSWEDE@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 2, 2001
        In a message dated 12/2/01 12:32:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        wacogaurds64@... writes:

        << I have somewhat of a bias towards the Texans:) as I'm sure you know, so
        if I may, I would like to share one of my favorite quotes: "Forward men,
        forward. Never let it be said that Texan's lag in the fight!" >>

        Kristin
        IMHO, Phil Sheridan had the best thing to say about Texas. As military
        governor he said, "If I owned Texas and Hell, I would live in Hell and rent
        out Texas." <g>

        Wayne
      • Kristin Scherrer

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 3, 2001
            Wayne writes:

            > IMHO, Phil Sheridan had the best thing to say about Texas. As military
            > governor he said, "If I owned Texas and Hell, I would live in Hell and rent
            > out Texas." <g>

            Been through Hell (Michigan that is), heading back to Texas for the
            holidays. Life's too short not to live it as a Texan. <vbg>

            John
          • Kristin Scherrer
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 3, 2001

              John,

               I like the way you think!

              Kristin

              (A fellow Texan)

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 4, 2001
                In a message dated 12/3/01 11:36:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                wacogaurds64@... writes:

                << Life's too short not to live it as a Texan. <vbg>

                There goes one of those Tejanos again. Stretching everything he can <g>
                Wayne
              • Kristin Scherrer

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
                    I was stationed in El Paso, TX for three years, and saw a good bit
                    of the state. I liked it and enjoyed living there, but I have a
                    funny anecdote to pass on here. A friend of mine who was from Alaska
                    once remarked to a Texan who was expressing a little too much pride:
                    "If all you Texans don't shut up, Alaska is going to split itself in
                    half, and then Texas will be the THIRD largest state instead of the
                    second."

                    Regards,
                    Joe H.