Re: SV: [civilwarwest] John Bell Hood and you thought Bragg was bad.

  • Kristin Scherrer
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2001

      Lee,

       I have somewhat of a bias towards the Texans:) as I'm sure you know,  so if I may, I would like to share one of my favorite quotes:  "Forward men, forward.  Never let it be said that Texan's lag in the fight!"

      Kristin

        LWhite64@... wrote:

      Actually Hood was a Liet in the 2nd US Cav in Texas prior to the war, so when the war broke out he was stationed there.  Also, with the Franklin quotes, "Well if we are to die, let us die like men"  Cleburne to Brig. Gen. Daniel Govan, Nov 30, 1864

      Lee

      Do You Yahoo!?

    • Kristin Scherrer

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 2, 2001
          In a message dated 12/2/01 12:32:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          wacogaurds64@... writes:

          << I have somewhat of a bias towards the Texans:) as I'm sure you know, so
          if I may, I would like to share one of my favorite quotes: "Forward men,
          forward. Never let it be said that Texan's lag in the fight!" >>

          Kristin
          IMHO, Phil Sheridan had the best thing to say about Texas. As military
          governor he said, "If I owned Texas and Hell, I would live in Hell and rent
          out Texas." <g>

          Wayne
        • Kristin Scherrer

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 3, 2001
              Wayne writes:

              > IMHO, Phil Sheridan had the best thing to say about Texas. As military
              > governor he said, "If I owned Texas and Hell, I would live in Hell and rent
              > out Texas." <g>

              Been through Hell (Michigan that is), heading back to Texas for the
              holidays. Life's too short not to live it as a Texan. <vbg>

              John
            • Kristin Scherrer
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 3, 2001

                John,

                 I like the way you think!

                Kristin

                (A fellow Texan)

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 4, 2001
                  In a message dated 12/3/01 11:36:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                  wacogaurds64@... writes:

                  << Life's too short not to live it as a Texan. <vbg>

                  There goes one of those Tejanos again. Stretching everything he can <g>
                  Wayne
                • Kristin Scherrer

                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
                      I was stationed in El Paso, TX for three years, and saw a good bit
                      of the state. I liked it and enjoyed living there, but I have a
                      funny anecdote to pass on here. A friend of mine who was from Alaska
                      once remarked to a Texan who was expressing a little too much pride:
                      "If all you Texans don't shut up, Alaska is going to split itself in
                      half, and then Texas will be the THIRD largest state instead of the
                      second."

                      Regards,
                      Joe H.