Re: [civilwarwest] John Bell Hood and you thought Bragg was bad.

  • FLYNSWEDE@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 57 , Nov 30, 2001
      In a message dated 11/30/01 11:40:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      LWhite64@... writes:

      << Also, I would give Hood an A for effort for the fight at Peachtree Creek
      and Atlanta, that being the only Good things I can say about the Kentuckian
      in 1864.

      Lee,
      Knowing that you are anti-Johnston <g> I would still have to give Hood a
      total grade of F for failure (thats the lowest I can go doggone it) at Kolb's
      Farm. Any commander that sends his troops into battle without knowing what
      he is facing has to receive such a grade and is not worthy of holding the
      position of Corps. Cmdr.

      Wayne who is pro-Johnston and tries to understand him
    • carlw4514
      Message 57 of 57 , Dec 6, 2001
        One of the functions of cavalry is gathering intelligence on the
        position of the enemy. McCook must have accomplished this at least.
        Did this not put the attack in jeoparday? (I'm asking, I don't know)
        Carl
        PS: ngeorgia.com doesnt seem to have much on Cassville, and unless I
        am greatly mistaken you are a contributor there. Of course, it was the
        battle that never happened. Am I missing what they have on it?