John Bell Hood and you thought Bragg was bad.

  • Jim Elliot
    Message 1 of 57 , Nov 29, 2001
      Care to comment on Hood's brilliant handling tactical handling of the
      Army of Tennessee 137 years ago tomorrow.
    • carlw4514
      Message 57 of 57 , Dec 6, 2001
        One of the functions of cavalry is gathering intelligence on the
        position of the enemy. McCook must have accomplished this at least.
        Did this not put the attack in jeoparday? (I'm asking, I don't know)
        Carl
        PS: ngeorgia.com doesnt seem to have much on Cassville, and unless I
        am greatly mistaken you are a contributor there. Of course, it was the
        battle that never happened. Am I missing what they have on it?