Re: [civilwarwest] Inquiry about a writing project

  • aero1485@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 13, 2000
      I am also a writer, currently attempting to tackle a project on the
      Spanish-American war, slightly similar to Michael and Jeff Shaara's approach
      to the Civil War and the Mexican War. Afterwards (or during the time I write
      this) I wish to begin a book on the Civil War, which is definately still in
      early plot stages. I'd enjoy very much to help out in any way I can with
      your novel. I am a definately have more interest in the Civil War, and am
      positive I know enough to help out at the very least.
    • aero1485@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 13, 2000
        I am also a writer, currently attempting to tackle a project on the
        Spanish-American war, slightly similar to Michael and Jeff Shaara's approach
        to the Civil War and the Mexican War. Afterwards (or during the time I write
        this) I wish to begin a book on the Civil War, which is definately still in
        early plot stages. I'd enjoy very much to help out in any way I can with
        your novel. I am a definately have more interest in the Civil War, and am
        positive I know enough to help out at the very least.
      • Stephen D Wakefield
        Message 3 of 4 , May 13, 2000
          I certainly wish you good luck in your writing project. It is definitely a
          wonderful story . My one suggestion would be to try and simulate one "group"
          achievement- where you and your comrades, team mates or friends are forced
          to share real (but not dangerous)physical hardship in order to achieve a
          desired goal. Sometype of endeavor which allows different people to bring
          different talents and qualities to achieving the goal. An activity which
          tests everyone's physical endurance but which also requires everyone to rely
          upon everyone else doing their job.A one day project is simply not enough
          time. See about a week long trail ride perhaps. At some point you need to
          experience true fatigue , and real discomfort. Now do not endanger your self
          or anything but really something that is a real test of your particular
          physical limit.
          It has been mine limited experience that persons who have never gone though
          such an experience really fail to approach understanding the human
          experience of military activities. Just my opinion and very very good luck
          Regards-

          Wakefield