16th Illinois Volunteers

  • Bill Brown
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2000
      Greetings!

      Does anyone in the group know of any primary or secondary sources on the
      16th Illinois Volunteers (1st bde, 2nd Div, 14th AC)? I have a citiation
      from another work that mentions that the regiment obtained a number of
      Henry Rifles, but I want to find additional sources to confirm that
      statement. I am particularly interested in the period of 1864-1865.

      Many Thanks,
      Bill

      "When it comes to War, I do not like to take sides!"
      Sgt. Schutz [Hogan's Heroes]

      *******************************
      William H. (Bill) Brown, C.A.
      Governors' Records Archivist
      North Carolina State Archives
      4614 Mail Service Center
      Raleigh, NC 27601-4614
      919-733-3952 (T), 919-733-1354 (F)
      wbrown@...

      "Opinions expressed in this message may not represent the policy of my
      agency."
    • Bill Brown