Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Happy Day

  • Kristin Scherrer
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 23, 2001

      I agree.

      Kristin

        FLYNSWEDE@... wrote:

      In a message dated 11/22/01 12:58:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      wacogaurds64@... writes:

      <<  I think the AOT would have had a better chance in the invasion of
      Tennessee in 64 if the command would havbe been given to Cleburne and not
      Hood.   >>

      Kristin,
      I tend to agree with you.  The one battle in the West that a Confederate army
      totally destroyed a Union army was the Battle of Richmond, Ky.  Although
      Cleburne was wounded while giving comfort to Butler during Stage 1 of the 3
      Stages of the battle, it was his tactical design of the plan of battle that
      brought victory for the Confederacy.  Some question his ability to lead an
      army since he was only a Division commander, but the tactics that he used as
      a division commander sure would give creditability that he would have done a
      heckofa better job than Hood.

      Wayne

      Do You Yahoo!?