Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Short off topic question

  • Robert Taubman
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 9, 2001
      Jenny, you beat me to it. I was going to mention Anderson's Crucible of War as
      a prelude to events leading up to the American Revolution. They're still a
      bunch of rebels<g>!

      Bob "in Canada's Capital" Taubman
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 9, 2001
        Bob,
        You know, I am such a glutton ..here I am getting lots of information about
        recommended books and do you think I have the time to read them?? Have been
        bombarded with lots and I jotted them down, hoping that one day I would get
        to them.
        Now that I have cancelled my trip to USA because of the current terrorist
        situation, I won't be getting to the book stores...am aware of Amazon but I
        like to view the books before purchasing them.

        As for "rebels"..yes, they are rebels and Ozzies have an admiration for the
        rebellious streak ....as they too disliked the British authority..( a lot of
        Irish here).
        I was told that a lot of Oz supported the South because they empathised with
        the so called "under dogs"...now I got that impression from the ACWRTA
        conference in July .
        Gosh! I am "off topic" here in the CWW..my apology.
        Jenny

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > | Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Jenny Holder
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 9, 2001
          Bob,
          I have heard of a new analogy ( new to me anyway)regarding America having
          been "balkanised" because of the melting pot of people in even during the
          times of the Rev War and ACW.
          I have been reflecting on that and perhaps it might be too severe for those
          periods. Will have to think about that.
          Jenny