Help finding artillery prayer

  • Peter Mancini
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2001
      I once read of an artillery commander (capt.?) who was perhaps a
      protestant or a Lutheran who would make a prayer before opening fire
      with his battery on the enemy. I starte to look for this on the web
      but could not figure out a good search set that provided me with a
      reasonably whittled down result set. Does anyone know of this
      story? I can't even tell you which side this fellow fought on
      (though I suspect he was a confederate.)

      Any help appreciated,
      --Peter