Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Grant and West Point

  • Dick Weeks
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 30, 2001
      Steve, I have to agree with that whole post. Ron and his lovely wife are
      just fine people. If you want to see an really good map of Cold Harbor, you
      have to see the one he did of that. I don't think there is another one in
      existence like it. Also, just digressing just a bit into the East, Ron
      really put the "Pipe Creek Line" into its proper perspective for me. I
      never gave that "circular" must thought until I toured the line with him
      some years back. It really gave me a whole new look at a battle that I
      thought I knew well. This is not Western Theater but if anyone is interested
      here is a piece that Ron wrote about the line.

      http://www.civilwarhome.com/pcl.htm

      Good to see you posting Ron.

      Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
      http://www.civilwarhome.com