Grant on Rosecrans :>)

  • Bob Huddleston
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2001
      CITY POINT, VA., December 2, 1864--1 p.m.
      Hon. E. M. STANTON,
      Secretary of War, Washington:

      Immediately on receipt of Thomas' dispatch I sent him a dispatch, which
      no doubt you read as it passed through the office. Rosecrans will do
      less harm doing nothing than on duty. I know no department or army
      commander deserving such punishment as the infliction of Rosecrans upon
      them. His name could well go on the list I sent up a few days ago.

      U. S. GRANT,

      Lieutenant-General.

      Now I will have to dig and find out what the "List" was!
      Take care,

      Bob

      Judy and Bob Huddleston
      10643 Sperry Street