Re: [civilwarwest] Professors

  • FLYNSWEDE@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 2, 2001
      In a message dated 10/2/01 2:29:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      josepharose@... writes:

      << Dr. Simpson:

      You accuse me of "trashing" Professor Waugh. That is a gross
      mischaracterization; I did nothing of the sort. I wrote: "Professor
      Waugh also wrote a remarkably similar review of "Grant," by Jean
      Edward Smith. In the two reviews, there is little or no criticism of
      the authors' work and hardly any more of Grant as either a general or
      president."

      As soon as I learned you had a doctorate, I dropped my use of Mr.
      when referring to you. Is there any reason we should not extend to
      Dr. David Long the same courtesy?

      Joseph Rose

      Mr Rose,
      It would be greatly appreciated if you would confine your continued arguments
      with Dr. Simpson via personal email. I personally do not think that this
      forum is the place for such discussions, and I am quite sure that the
      majority of the members of this forum would concur with this request.

      Respectfully,

      Wayne C. Bengston
    • ecm777@aol.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 2, 2001
        Gentlemen, when is this going to stop?  Would you please take all this bantering back and forth to private email.  I personally don't have time to sort through it all!

        Regards
        Colleen aka CWgal
      • Dick Weeks
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 2, 2001
          I agree Wayne. I do not want to see another critique of Dr. Simpson's
          book, good or bad posted on this board. I think we all know how each
          person that has posted on this subject feels and it needs no further
          amplification. I have already let this go on a little longer than I
          should have.

          Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
          http://www.civilwarhome.com

        • brooksdsimpson@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 2, 2001
            --- In civilwarwest@y..., "Dave Smith" <dmsmith001@y...> wrote:

            > Completely different question. Is Joan Waugh related to Jack
            Waugh,
            > author of Class of 1846 and Reelecting Lincoln?
            >
            > Jack lives in Texas, and Joan is obviously on the West Coast.

            No relation of which I'm aware. Both are very pleasant, intelligent
            people.
          • sdwakefield@prodigy.net
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 2, 2001
              Colleen-
              I agree I really think we need to get back to the donut debate.
              Please, ackowledge publicly that you were all wrong in the Krispy
              Kreme v. Donut Palace Debate of last summer!
              VBG
              Regards-
              Wakefield

            • brooksdsimpson@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 2, 2001
                --- In civilwarwest@y..., ecm777@a... wrote:
                > Gentlemen, when is this going to stop? Would you please take all
                this
                > bantering back and forth to private email. I personally don't have
                time to
                > sort through it all!

                That's why it's so useful to access this group through the web
                page. :)
              • brooksdsimpson@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 2, 2001
                  --- In civilwarwest@y..., ecm777@a... wrote:
                  > Gentlemen, when is this going to stop? Would you please take all
                  this
                  > bantering back and forth to private email.

                  Colleen--

                  Once attacked in public, I believe I have the right to self-defense.