Re: [civilwarwest] Rocky Face

  • lilsteve68@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2001
      we also have some good news from
      Dalton, GA. The County has been able to purchase 650 acres of core
      battlefield from the Battle of Rocky Face and plan on making it a battlefield
      park. ---Lee

      I saw that lee .. I didnt get to stop there when i was coming back from Andersonville, Ga earlyer this year. I was all over Dalton trying to find the statue of Gen Joseph E. Johnston and the confederate Cemetery and monument... but was running short on time so I didnt make it to them either..

      I did make it to Dug Gap Battlefield Park. and if Rocky Face is anything like it would be crazy to try and charge up such a hill..

      steven