Re: On and off topic

  • shotgun@civilwarhome.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 13 4:50 AM
      --- In civilwarwest@y..., "L. A. Chambliss" <xanthippe@i...> wrote:
      > Thanks Xan. I shut down fairly early last night so I didn't see
      the post until this morning. I agree with you 100%. While I don't
      want this group to get carried away and discuss only the "terrorist's
      actions" I know that feelings are running high right now. This group,
      over the years, has become like a second family to most of us and the
      need to express those strong feelings is certainly there. If you
      would like to post your feelings feel free to do so, the same rules of
      courtesy apply. However, as Xan as said, please do not forget what
      this group was set up for and don't let it turn into a "current
      events" forum.

      Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
      http://www.civilwarhome.com
    • clarkc@missouri.edu
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 13 7:38 AM
        Just though I would mention Alonzo, who frequents the chat room and
        lives on Long Island.

        His cousin, Gerard Early, was in the first wave of firefighters that
        were caught at the base of the building when the first tower
        collapsed.

        HankC
      • Tim Harrison
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 16 8:41 AM
          Dick, et al,

              Stanislav Zenov presents a webpage at http://cavalry.km.ru/ about Confederate Cavalry during the American Civil War.  It is mostly in Russian.  I've had some contact with him regarding information for his page, and I believe that Dick, through his CW website,  has provided a good deal of inspiration for his project.

              I'd like to pass on this message that I received from Stan the other day following the NYC bombing

              Please accept my deepest condolences in connection with the horrible
          terrorist attack. God bless you, your family and America.

          Stanislav Zenov
          mailto:zenov@...
              I thought the members of this group might appreciate the feelings of sympathy and support conveyed by this simple, yet eloquent message from an international member of our "Civil War community".

          Regards,
          Tim Harrison
          www.swcivilwar.com

        • sdwakefield@prodigy.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 16 8:42 AM
            Mr. Harrison-
            Thank you very much for sharing this info with the group.
            Like others here I guess I am still in a state of shock and
            revulsion. It is good to know that civilized people thoughout the
            world have similar feelings.
            Regards-
            Wakefield

            Service.
          • shotgun@civilwarhome.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 16 5:11 PM
              Hi Tim,

              I do know Stan from my website. He appears to be a very nice person
              just judging from the email(s) we have exchanged. Since you brought
              this up, I have received mail from Russia, China, Poland, Spain,
              England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Australia, and several countries
              that I cannot even pronounce, since this attack occurred. This has
              just been an amazing time. I never in my wildest dreams thought that
              I, and all Americans, would have so many friends around the world.

              It still amazes me to find that so many people around the world read
              about and are so interested in our American Civil War. I remember
              that a couple of years ago I took a close look at my website stats
              and in one month I had hits from 52 different countries.

              Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
              http://www.civilwarhome.com