Re: [civilwarwest] Top Ten Campaigns

  • John T. Coleman
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5 2:25 AM
      An interesting addition to these lists would be to compile suggested
      reading material for the subjects. Just a thought.

      John
    • Dave Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5 8:02 AM
        --- In civilwarwest@y..., "John T. Coleman" <jtcoleman@p...> wrote:
        > An interesting addition to these lists would be to compile suggested
        > reading material for the subjects. Just a thought.

        This isn't a bad idea at all.

        There are some reading lists available. For example, you can visit
        the Reading List for Usenet newsgroup alt.war.civil.usa at

        http://members.aol.com/cinticwrt/reading.txt

        The list hasn't been updated for a couple of years, I believe, and
        obviously covers the entire Civil War.

        I think it would be interesting to put together a "Civilwarwest"
        suggested reading list. If anyone is interested in such a project,
        I'd be glad to help coordinate it, and we could put such a page on
        the "bookmarks" section of this group.

        E-mail me at dmsmith001@... if you have an area you'd like to
        contribute.

        Dave