"Atlanta is Ours and Fairly Won!"

  • Bob Huddleston
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2001
      Before the day is over, we should not forget that today is the
      anniversary of the capture of Atlanta.

      With it, not only did what ever chances George McClellan have to winning
      the presidency disappear, but Sherman's position as a general was also
      secure.

      And his mind was already working on how to dismantle the rebel states at
      a minimum cost in lives -- albeit at a great cost in property
      destruction.

      Take care,

      Bob

      Judy and Bob Huddleston