Top Ten Campaigns

  • Dave Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2001
      And here are the top ten campaigns:

      Ballots First Place Average Votes Per
      Rank Name Cast for Points Votes Points Ballot
      1 Vicksburg 20 140.0 6.0 7.00 7.00
      2 Atlanta 9 66.0 5.0 3.30 7.33
      3 Overland 13 55.0 2.0 2.75 4.23
      4 Donelson / Henry 9 54.0 3.0 2.70 6.00
      5 Peninsula 8 42.0 2.0 2.10 5.25
      6 Jackson's Valley 5 33.0 0.0 1.65 6.60
      7 Gettysburg 7 30.0 1.0 1.50 4.29
      8 Sheridan's 64 Valley 4 21.0 1.0 1.05 5.25
      9 Appomattox 4 16.0 0.0 0.80 4.00
      10 March to the Sea 5 15.0 0.0 0.75 3.00

      Full details at:

      http://members.aol.com/davebob1/awcusa_campaigns.htm

      Dave

      Dave Smith
      Villa Hills, KY
    • John T. Coleman
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2001
        An interesting addition to these lists would be to compile suggested
        reading material for the subjects. Just a thought.

        John
      • Dave Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2001
          --- In civilwarwest@y..., "John T. Coleman" <jtcoleman@p...> wrote:
          > An interesting addition to these lists would be to compile suggested
          > reading material for the subjects. Just a thought.

          This isn't a bad idea at all.

          There are some reading lists available. For example, you can visit
          the Reading List for Usenet newsgroup alt.war.civil.usa at

          http://members.aol.com/cinticwrt/reading.txt

          The list hasn't been updated for a couple of years, I believe, and
          obviously covers the entire Civil War.

          I think it would be interesting to put together a "Civilwarwest"
          suggested reading list. If anyone is interested in such a project,
          I'd be glad to help coordinate it, and we could put such a page on
          the "bookmarks" section of this group.

          E-mail me at dmsmith001@... if you have an area you'd like to
          contribute.

          Dave