Re: Fort Pillow: Chill Out

  • Jim Elliot
    Message 1 of 51 , Aug 23, 2001
      I watched a program om Patton on the history channel some time back
      and if I remeber correctly Paton did not have the grades to get into
      West Point and went to VMI to to get his grades up.

      Ray

      Message 51 of 51 , Aug 27, 2001

        Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2001 12:37 PM
        Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Fort Pillow: Chill Out

        I vaguely remember a programme on the ACW or maybe even Patton, and they were
        questioning a comment from Patton on America 'never having lost a war'. The
        gist of the commentary was that it was surprising statement to make because
        one half of America certainly felt that it had indeed lost a war, and that
        what made the comment even more surprising was Patton's family had served in
        the Confederacy.

        Like a say a hazy recollection, if I'm wrong - apologies.

        Best regards

        Berty

        Shelby Foote made that observation during the PBS series on the Civil War. The Ken Burns program.

        Vic