Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Rosecrans at Chickamauga

  • LWhite64@aol.com
    Message 1 of 85 , Aug 1, 2001
      Well as shown in previous messages a move north of the River wasnt a good
      option nor moving around Granger, but as a follow up what if Bragg had sent
      Wheeler or Forrest on a Raid against Bridgeport, or even had Roddey move over
      and join in as well.  I think this presented the best option in the aftermath
      of Chickamauga.

      Lee
    • Bob Huddleston
      Message 85 of 85 , Aug 4, 2001
        Well, there's Robert E. Lee, who was always volunteering to not only
        send troops, but even send himself out west......

        Take care,

        Bob

        Judy and Bob Huddleston
        10643 Sperry Street
        Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
        303.451.6276 Adco@...

        --- In civilwarwest@y..., josepharose@y... wrote:
        > I was just asking whether, with Grant's large force, Rosecrans
        could
        > have been helped by pinning down Johnston's force or through
        Grant's
        > offering of his excess troops.

        Although I've already address the supposed "excess troops" issue
        elsewhere, I'd like to ask Mr. Rose to offer three examples where
        Civil War generals offered to send their forces elsewhere for someone
        else to command (as opposed to being ordered to do so).

        After all, if his request is so reasonable, we should be able to cite
        other examples quite readily.