[civilwarwest] Grant

  • Karen Hall
    Message 1 of 72 , Feb 7 1:05 PM
      There is an interesting article on Grant and what he tried to do in
      Tennessee on http//www.historynet.com. I thought some of you might be
      interested.

      Karen Hall

      Visit http://freeworld.excite.com
    • Laurence D. Schiller
      Message 72 of 72 , Sep 16, 2005
        At 2:48 AM +0000 9/16/05, civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        >Laurie,
        > The farm between the Park and the Interstate 24 has just sold
        >(500A) and zoned commercial hwy. The farm on the old Wilkinson Pike.

        Sorry to hear this - and so it goes... That's why I try to give what
        I can to the CWPT.

        >The chance for winning...
        >We are at the head knocking wall . Would you like a cup of English tea.

        Excellent idea, Lt. Col. Fremantle!

        >Let me turn this debate to a subject I've only listened to in the past.
        >If the North is so strong that no possibility of winning militarily
        >then does that put Grant in another light. Did he just keep throwing
        >men into the fire and had no real strategy to beat Lee other than
        >wear him down. Could any General have accomplished this.

        Good question and I will pass for the moment - I've other work to do
        and I think have talked enough for now. Back to a bit of lurking as
        I've got an official visit for a recruit about to start.

        Talk to you soon.

        Laurie Schiller

        --
        Dr. Laurence Dana Schiller Civil War First Person Impressions
        Maitre d'Armes William Bradshaw, Co. F 2nd WI