Re: [civilwarwest] Request for Information -- Tullahoma?

  • hartshje@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2001
      I would like to offer you couple of good writings on the Tullahoma campaign:

      In Shelby Foote's massive trilogy, book two - chapter 7 (Riot and
      Resurgance) has a good description of the campaign on pages 663 - 675.

      Also, in the Time-Life Series "Fight for Chattanooga", chapter 1, pages 1 -
      43 is entirely devoted to Tullahoma, also with some good photos and
      illustrations.

      My favorite aspect of the Tullahoma period was an excerpt from a soldier's
      letter home where he wrote that the name "Tullahoma" came from the Greek
      "tulla" - meaning mud, and "homa" - meaning MORE mud !!

      Best Regards,
      Joe H.