Re: Request for Information -- Tullahoma?

  • ecm777@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2001
      The only thing I could find on the battle of Tullahoma in my library were two
      sources:  The Edge of Glory by Wm. Lamers (Chapter 13) and Civil War Tennessee
      by Thomas Connelly (Chaper 3).  Both of these only have small sections
      mentioning this battle.  Wish I could be of more help.

      Regards
      Colleen aka CWgal
    • LWhite64@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2001
        Well, even though its not the entire campaign I am working on an article on
        the Battle of Liberty Gap, hope to get it in North and South, they have had
        some good Tullahoma material in the past.  They have had a good account of
        the whole campaign and a nice article on the battle of Guy's Gap and the
        Wheeler Races.

        Lee
      • hartshje@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2001
          I would like to offer you couple of good writings on the Tullahoma campaign:

          In Shelby Foote's massive trilogy, book two - chapter 7 (Riot and
          Resurgance) has a good description of the campaign on pages 663 - 675.

          Also, in the Time-Life Series "Fight for Chattanooga", chapter 1, pages 1 -
          43 is entirely devoted to Tullahoma, also with some good photos and
          illustrations.

          My favorite aspect of the Tullahoma period was an excerpt from a soldier's
          letter home where he wrote that the name "Tullahoma" came from the Greek
          "tulla" - meaning mud, and "homa" - meaning MORE mud !!

          Best Regards,
          Joe H.