Muster 2013

  • bluelady
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 14 3:14 PM
      Hey all..we have a plan! This year we will be mustering in Southeast TN and Northwest GA! Join us for Muster 2013 Chattanooga/Chickamauga! If interested in attending, contact Bluelady or CWgal!

      Thursday June 20 - The General Tour
      I spoke with Jim Ogden, Chief Historian at the Chickamauga/Chattanooga Military Park. He expressed interest in leading our group, if he is available that day. I am waiting to hear back from him. This would include: leaving around 8am, driving to Marietta to the Kennesaw House, then to Big Shanty to the Southern Museum ($7.50 or $6.50 over 60) which houses The General, with multiple stop on our way back to Tunnel Hill. There is a small museum as well as a guided tour through the tunnel ($7.50 or $5 over 55) and hopefully the Clisby Austin House (Sherman's HQ & John Bell Hood's leg is buried there) will be open. Then it will be on to Ringgold Depot and the end of the chase location. We will end our day at The National Cemetery. Lunch & dinner info forthcoming.

      Friday, June 21 - Chickamauga
      Dr. Anthony Hodges, reinactor & former president of Friends of the Park has agreed to be our guide Friday & Saturday at no cost. He only wants us to feed him and I also told him we would make a donation to the park for his time. This day will cover all things Chickamauga and as many outside the park areas as time permits. We know of a great catfish house a short distance from Chattanooga if interest, but we can talk food later.

      Saturday, June 22 - Chattanooga
      Again Dr. Hodges will be leading the group. We will cover as much as time permits. It is our intent to do Lookout Mtn-Point Park, Craven's House, Orchard Knob, Sherman's Reservation, and Missionary Ridge. We would ultimately like to do Wauhatchie Pike as well. We will not be in a rush that evening as our mustering out banquet will be pool-side at CWgal's Daughter's house!

      We hope some of you can join us for the fun. I will be posting hotel/camp information as soon as I get them.
    • basecat1
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 15 1:00 AM
        Susan,

        With all due respect, if you are going to send an e-mail like this, at least tell the true story.  Not one of the Moderators in the chat room ever said you were no longer invited to go to muster.   I have purposely refrained from talking or posting about this situation, but I have also not implied anything about you, which you freely have with the Moderators in this e-mail.  An apology is in order.

        Steve

        In a message dated 4/14/2013 6:27:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Sweetsstar@... writes:

        Would have liked to go but seems I was uninvited several months ago so made other plans this year.  Headed to Boston, Gettysburg, and Baltimore .  Planning to visit several battle fields  near Washington and Baltimore area.  Also Civil war sites in Boston.
        Will miss going.
        Susan

        Sent from my iPhone

[...]

      • Dan G
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 15 6:50 PM
          Saw this slide through on the email and was wondering if anybody can attend the muster or is it limited to a certain group??

          I would like to attend if possible

          Dan Graff

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 15 7:51 PM
            Dan,

            It is open to anyone who would like to attend.  We would be glad to have you.

            CWgal aka Colleen

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 16 4:01 AM
              YES! open to anyone!

              Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 10:51 PM