Re: [civilwarwest] Was Pemberton Wrong, Bad, Incompetent (Vicksburg Ca mpaign)

  • John Lawrence
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2013
      Since the Confederacy never laid siege to a major Northern City except, possibly, Nashville, we need to look elsewhere for a Confederate behavior vis a' vis the citizenship. I suggest that the Confederate treatment of the citizens of eastern Tennessee and Mississippi were treated far worse by the Confederacy than any treatment of citizens by Federals in those states.After all, the Federals saw all the citizens if Vucksburgas Americans.

      If Pemberton had surrendered earlier, it would have been over earlier.

      Regards,

      Jack

      Before the war, Vicksburg voted not to secede.

      rbaquero@... wrote:

      The RIGHT  questions is; " was Grant a murder or a genocide after 47 days of Vicksburg's city bombardment ?