Re: KY, TN, GA Road Trip

  • SAMUEL FOSTER
    Message 1 of 4 , May 18, 2012
      Shiloh has, perhaps, the greatest portion of the battlefield included of any National Park.  I believe  the 27th KY was in Hazen's Brigade under Nelson's Division and arrived the night of April 6th.

      Before you decide to skip Shiloh, I suggest you read Ambrose Bierce's 'What I Saw of Shiloh"   as he was in that same brigade.  The path of their reconquest of the portion of the field my ggf had surrendered on the previous day is well marked and easily followed.
      http://www.civilwarhome.com/shilohbierce.htm

      If you're interested, my blog is following Nelson's division from the advance on Corinth through Buell's campaign on through to Perryville, since the 17th KY was in Ammen's brigade of that same division. Also, I have several photos from Shiloh in my posts from early April.
      Sam Foster
      17thky.blogspot.com