Re: [civilwarwest] Bardstown Museum

  • Joseph Reinhart
    Message 1 of 8 , May 18, 2012
      I have been there twice and taken my grandchildren there. IIt has an excellent and varied collection of military items.Thee is much more than you would expect in a museum in a small town.
      Joe Reinhart
      Louisville

      Message 2 of 8 , May 18, 2012
        I have been there once and Bardstown was definitely not a typical small town.
        My cousin and I were hunting an old family cemetery in Nelson Co (Tichenor) and made it to the museum just as it was closing. Ate dinner at the Talbott Inn and saw the jail which was built by my cousin's ancestor, wished I could have stayed for a few days.

        Sam Foster
        17thky.blogspot.com

        Message 3 of 8 , May 20, 2012
          Ive been to this musuem and its great. It has an incredible collection.
        • keeno2@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , May 20, 2012
            It is much, much more than one might expect in a town the size of Bardstown. While you're there, visit a Mexican restauant just north of the roundabout -- much, much more than one might expect in a town the size of Bardstown. And visit the distilleries for Kentucky bourbon.
            Ive been to this musuem and its great. It has an incredible collection.