Bentonville and Ft. Fisher tours

  • davewoodbury
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16 11:47 PM
      There's still room on the bus!

      16th Civil War Forum Battlefield Conference
      The Battle of Bentonville
      Wilmington & Fort Fisher
      March 29 to April 1, 2012
      Headquarters: Dunn, NC

      MARK BRADLEY, author of the definitive campaign study, "The Battle of Bentonville: Last Stand in the Carolinas," will guide us through Fayetteville, Monroe's Crossroads (on the grounds of Fort Bragg), Averasboro and the Bentonville battlefield.

      CHRIS FONVIELLE, author of "The Wilmington Campaign: Last Rays of Departing Hope," will handle the Forts Fisher and Anderson tours, and other Wilmington sites as time permits. During the bus ride to Wilmington and back (Sunday, April 1st), we'll enjoy some Civil War films and robust refreshments.

      REGISTRATION: $275 -- includes a seat on the bus for all tours, admission costs and map packets, Friday and Saturday banquet dinners, and box lunches on Fri., Sat., and Sunday.

      EVENING PRESENTATIONS by Mark Bradley: Thursday, Mark will give an overview of the Carolinas Campaign and introduce the major players, as well as set the stage for the following day's tours of Monroe's Crossroads and Averasboro. Friday evening, Mark will preview our Bentonville tour, and on Saturday evening he'll wrap things up with a discussion of the Bennett Place surrender.

      For the Thursday afternoon optional outing, we'll have guided tours of the North Carolina Museum of History, and Executive Mansion in Raleigh, and a self-guided tour of the historic State Capitol.

      For more information (and for PayPal payments), you can reach tour coordinator Dave Woodbury at civilwarforum@..., or visit woodburyhistoricaltours.blogspot.com and scroll down to the Bentonville section. Check out the Civil War Trust's Bentonville page for maps, articles, and other resources: http://www.civilwar.org/battlefields/bentonville.html

      All monies over expenses will be donated to the Civil War Trust.