Re: [civilwarwest] Re: 17th Kentucky Volunteer Infantry

  • Joseph Reinhart
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 20, 2012
      Several libraries have copiers, including Western Kentucky University. You should be able to borrow a copy through your local library's interlibrary loan program.

      See
       http://www.worldcat.org/title/hundred-miles-a-hundred-heartbreaks/oclc/605223&referer=brief_results

      for locations of libraries with this book.
      Joe

      Author: Blackburn, John, 1914-
      Publisher: [S.l. : s.n.] c1972.

      Joe

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 20, 2012
        I meant to say copies, not copiers.

        Author: Blackburn, John, 1914-
        Publisher: [S.l. : s.n.] c1972.

        Joe

> [...]

        I hope this helps,
        Joe

        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, SAMUEL FOSTER <sammylf@...> wrote:

        > Sorry, but I am interested.  My Greatgrandfather was with the 17th Kentucky Volunteer Infantry and I am persuing this regiment's history.  They fought under Hurlbut/Lauman at Shiloh but were then assigned to Army of Ohio under Buell until their reassignment to Rosencrantz in the Battles of Chattanooga, Chicamagua, Atlanta, etc.
        >
        > So far, my investigation only goes through Buell,  If you find these paths crossing anywhere else, please post.
        >
        > The 17th ws formed in Ohio County Kentucky.  I am planning a visit to the Civil War Museum at Bardstown this spring.  It is dedicated only to Western Theater.

      • SAMUEL FOSTER
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 21, 2012
          Thanks so much!  This will help tremendously.

          Sam

          Author: Blackburn, John, 1914-
          Publisher: [S.l. : s.n.] c1972.

          Joe