Re: [civilwarwest] America

  • rbaquero@netzero.net
    Message 1 of 11 , May 15, 2011

       America is how we normally call our country ( USA ) but also , America is a CONTINENT, divide it in 3 areas ; North, Central and South .

      - Raul

      Message 2 of 11 , May 15, 2011
        Never heard it put that way, basically the North American Contient is comprised offrom North to south,The Dominion of Canada, belonging pretty much to England with a self governing type of politics.
        United States od America an entirley autonomous country self governing with basically a two party form of operation.
        Mexico a third autonomus country ruled by drug lords. these three countries have only geographical borders. in common politically
        Central America below Mexico and north of South America is a group of also self governing countries, Now what all this has to do about the American Civil  ward in the West is beyond me but there it is.
        God
        Bless
        Gary

        Message 3 of 11 , May 15, 2011
          O.K., let's get one thing straight.  Canada "does not belong to England" even though there is a constitutional monarchy were the Queen is the head-of-state.
          We are, like the United States, "an entirely autonomous country" with historical ties to the United Kingdom.  Canada and Mexico both signed treaties with the United States, Canada without the approval of the Queen or England.

          Message 4 of 11 , May 16, 2011
            Doesn't France think it owns Quebec? :>)
            All other things aside, Canada has, IMHO, more raw beauty than any other country in North America.
            Regards,
            Jack

            From: Bob Taubman <rtaubman@...>
            Sender: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 18:43:01 -0700 (PDT)
            To: <civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 11 , May 16, 2011
              Now that's wishful thinking ;-)

              From: Bob Taubman <rtaubman@...>
              Sender: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 18:43:01 -0700 (PDT)
              To: <civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 11 , May 16, 2011
                I believe Quebec thinks it owns France ;)

              • jlawrence@kc.rr.com
                Message 7 of 11 , May 16, 2011
                  That's pretty profound.
                  I tell people French are pretty nice people. If you are polite, they are polite.

                  You have to go to Montreal to meet a rude Freeman.

                  Regards,
                  Jack

                  From: "hank9174" <clarkc@...>
                  Sender: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 13:50:25
                  To: <civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com>
                  Subject: [civilwarwest] Re: America

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 16, 2011
                    I  APOLGIZE I knew that canada did not "belong to England: but for the life of me i couldn't think of the word Dominion, once again I'm sorry.
                    God Bless You
                    Hat and gary in ohio  Original Message -----
                    Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2011 9:43 PM

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 17, 2011