Brits in america

  • Hattie
    Message 1 of 6 , May 13, 2011
      ok, I know i'm going to be censored or worse but i here i go
      Now back to theta say this. If the british wern't ran out why did Cornwallis surrender and take off to canada where he'd be protected, If it looks like defeat and smell like defeat chances are it was. Now back to the war in the west. is there any way to find out what the 58th Indiana did at Chickamauga?
      Thanks and as alway
      God Bless you all
      Gary and hattie
    • Bob Taubman
      Message 2 of 6 , May 13, 2011
        Last time I looked Canada was still part of America.  As is Mexico.

        ok, I know i'm going to be censored or worse but i here i go
        Now back to theta say this. If the british wern't ran out why did Cornwallis surrender and take off to canada where he'd be protected, If it looks like defeat and smell like defeat chances are it was. Now back to the war in the west. is there any way to find out what the 58th Indiana did at Chickamauga?
        Thanks and as alway
        God Bless you all
        Gary and hattie

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            civilwarwest-digest@yahoogroups.com
            civilwarwest-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • hank9174
        Message 3 of 6 , May 13, 2011
          TWENTY-FIRST ARMY CORPS.
          Maj. Gen. THOMAS L. CRITTENDEN.

          FIRST DIVISION.
          Brig. Gen. THOMAS J. WOOD.

          First Brigade.
          Col. GEORGE P. BUELL.

          100th Illinois,
          Col. Frederick A. Bartleson,
          Maj. Charles M. Hammond.
          58th Indiana, Lieut. Col. James T. Embree.
          13th Michigan,
          Col. Joshua B. Culver,
          Maj. Willard G. Eaton.
          26th Ohio, Lieut. Col. William H. Young.

          and since my week has run out of work (rather than vice versa)
          here's a few mentions:

          http://bullyforbragg.blogspot.com/2008/12/how-they-fought-at-chickamauga.html

          http://civilwargazette.wordpress.com/2008/12/07/first-trip-to-chickamauga-and-lookout-mountain-today/

          http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/forum/showthread.php?24215-Lost-by-Co-E-58th-Ind-at-Chickamauga

          http://www.civilwarindex.com/armyin/58th_in_infantry.html

        • ggeisler@cinci.rr.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 13, 2011
            thanks Hank,
            That'll keep me busy for quite a while as always
            God Bless You
            Hattie and gary
            58th Indiana, Lieut. Col. James T. Embree.
            13th Michigan,
            Col. Joshua B. Culver,
            Maj. Willard G. Eaton.
            26th Ohio, Lieut. Col. William H. Young.

            and since my week has run out of work (rather than vice versa)
            here's a few mentions:

            http://bullyforbragg.blogspot.com/2008/12/how-they-fought-at-chickamauga.html

            http://civilwargazette.wordpress.com/2008/12/07/first-trip-to-chickamauga-and-lookout-mountain-today/

            http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/forum/showthread.php?24215-Lost-by-Co-E-58th-Ind-at-Chickamauga

            http://www.civilwarindex.com/armyin/58th_in_infantry.html

            --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Hattie" <ggeisler@...> wrote:

            > ok, I know i'm going to be censored or worse but i here i go
            > Now back to theta say this. If the british wern't ran out why did Cornwallis surrender and take off to canada where he'd be protected, If it looks like defeat and smell like defeat chances are it was. Now back to the war in the west. is there any way to find out what the 58th Indiana did at Chickamauga?
            > Thanks and as alway
            > God Bless you all
            > Gary and hattie

          • ed
            Message 5 of 6 , May 14, 2011
              You may want to try these sites as well:

              http://www.civil-war.net/

              http://www.archives.gov/research/alic/reference/military/civil-war-armies-records.html

              http://www.civilwar.org/

            • rbaquero@netzero.net
              Message 6 of 6 , May 15, 2011

                Thank you ED !!, kool webs .

                - Raul

                You may want to try these sites as well:

                http://www.civil-war.net/

                http://www.archives.gov/research/alic/reference/military/civil-war-armies-records.html

                http://www.civilwar.org/

                --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Hattie" <ggeisler@...> wrote:

                > ok, I know i'm going to be censored or worse but i here i go
                > Now back to theta say this. If the british wern't ran out why did Cornwallis surrender and take off to canada where he'd be protected, If it looks like defeat and smell like defeat chances are it was. Now back to the war in the west. is there any way to find out what the 58th Indiana did at Chickamauga?
                > Thanks and as alway
                > God Bless you all
                > Gary and hattie

                Groupon™ Official Site