Re: [civilwarwest] History : U.S. Civil War ( 1861-65 ) Gettysburg - Prosthetic Limbs

  • Jack Lawrence
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 12, 2011

      Only about 200K of these casualries were from battle wounds.

      Disease was the huge killer.

      Another fact I find remarkable was that the rate of mortality to battle wounds remained about the same almost through the end of the 20th century. 1-5.

      In Iraqi freedom there weere 8 deaths to 31,000 battle wounds. From the last figures I saw.

      We just really don't believe in throwing soldiers away.

      It's one thing the  military does not do a cost analysis on.

      Maybe because they vote.

      Anyway, good for us

      Regards,

      Jack

      Erata, D-Day produced almost the same number of dead Americans as Gettysburg.

      From my research.