Re: [civilwarwest] _Campaigning With Grant_

  • Bob Huddleston
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15, 2011
      But I'll bet the source for most of the stories you remember is Porter.

      Take care,

      Bob

      Judy and Bob Huddleston
      10643 Sperry Street
      Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
      Huddleston.r@...

      "The first law for the historian is that he shall never dare utter an
      untruth. The second is that he shall suppress nothing that is true.
      Moreover, there shall be no suspicion of partiality in his writing, or
      of malice." Marcus Tullius Cicero, De Oratore, II.XV,62

      On 2/15/2011 2:31 PM, william wrote:
      > I am now reading Horace Porter's book, _Campaigning With Grant. While I
      > find it very interesting it seem as though I've heard all of his stories
      > dozens of times before.
      >
      > Bill Bruner

    • william
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2011
        Thank you Bob, I recall that in highschool that I really sent off my English teacher by remarking that Shakespear was pretty good but he used too many cliches.

        Bill Bruner

        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, Bob Huddleston <huddleston.r@...> wrote:

        > But I'll bet the source for most of the stories you remember is Porter.
        >
        > Take care,
        >
        > Bob
        >
        > Judy and Bob Huddleston
        > 10643 Sperry Street
        > Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
        > Huddleston.r@...
        >
        > "The first law for the historian is that he shall never dare utter an
        > untruth. The second is that he shall suppress nothing that is true.
        > Moreover, there shall be no suspicion of partiality in his writing, or
        > of malice." Marcus Tullius Cicero, De Oratore, II.XV,62
        >
        > On 2/15/2011 2:31 PM, william wrote:
        > > I am now reading Horace Porter's book, _Campaigning With Grant. While I
        > > find it very interesting it seem as though I've heard all of his stories
        > > dozens of times before.
        > >
        > > Bill Bruner

      • chris bryant
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 16, 2011