Re: [civilwarwest] Battles of New Hope Church

  • Mike Peters
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2011
      Kent,

      Bonds' book is wonderful,

      Mike Peters

      From: DORR64OVI@...
      Sender: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 19:24:33 EST
      To: <civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Battles of New Hope Church

      Mike...I just finished this work and while small, it give as fairly decent treatment along the Hell Hole line.  I had just read "Bonfire" about Atlanta during the war and thought the Blount book would be a nice compliment.  I think I need Bonds "War Like a Thundercloud" to better detail that time period.

      Kent Dorr

      In a message dated 1/5/2011 4:38:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, NPeters102@... writes:

      Can anyone comment on this book by Russell Blount, which covers the battles along the "Hell Hole" -- New Hope Church, Pickett's Mill and Dallas?

      Also, any other books which cover indididual battles of the Atlanta Campaign, that one might recommend. Already have the books by Bonds and Ecelbarger.

      Mike Peters