Books

  • Rick Moody
    Message 1 of 69 , Dec 13, 2010
      I wouldn't want to list all the books and articles that I have read on the western theater.  The ones that I read that I don't put too much weight to are the rah-rah for my guy books.  Bios that don't criticize the subject don't have reality in mind.  There isn't a General that can't be criticized.  I have long felt that we tend to give too much credit and discredit to generals for everything that happens on the battlefield.  The good ones find a way to succeed though.
      Rick
    • Bob Taubman
      Message 69 of 69 , Dec 17, 2010
        I really liked Sherman's Horsemen, by Evans along with those you have mentioned.  Castel's Decision in the West is an excellent read as is Embrace an Angry Wind, The Confederacy's Last Hurrah:  Spring Hill, Franklin, and Nashville by Wiley Sword.