Vicksburg

  • Mike Peters
    Message 1 of 131 , Jun 23, 2010
      Can anyone comment on Warren Grabau's "98 Days?"

      Respectfully,

      Mike Peters
    • Mike Peters
      Message 131 of 131 , Jun 24, 2010
        Will and Ole,

        Thanks for your replies!

        Mike Peters

        From: keeno2@...
        Sender: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 08:29:48 EDT
        To: <civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Vicksburg - Grabau

        In a message dated 6/23/2010 10:17:42 P.M. Central Daylight Time, wh_keene@yahoo. com writes:
        Enjoyed it very much.  The style is quite different than other campaign studies.  He split each chapter into a US section and a CSA section, discussing the knowledge and decision making for each side.  Compared to other books, he devotes more attention to geography and logistics and less to personalities and anecdotes.
        What he said. Grabau added depth and another dimension to the campaign for Vicksburg. Scads of maps and geological and topographical detail.

        Highly recommended.

        Ole